Soccer Betting at the Top US Online Bookmakers
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Over a billion people tuned in to watch the FIFA world cup final last year. Millions of people at home watch each and every professional match that is played, including a large portion of Americans, even though it is not the most popular sport in the USA. This hasn’t dissuaded its fans from betting on the game however, and every year new soccer fans discover just how exciting this game can be.
With this astoundingly huge following, it is no wonder that soccer has an extremely prominent betting community. Millions upon millions of people are using their phones to gain online access to the endless world of soccer betting. And now, you can join them.
There are tons of competitions being held each year in soccer. Every year you can place bets on the outcomes of the American Soccer League (ASL), which is huge in its own right, or indeed, thanks to internet betting, any of the other tournaments held worldwide. In terms of annual events, some of the biggest include the Champions League, English Premier League (EPL), the La Liga (held in Spain) and the Bundesliga (held in Germany), as well as many more.
Of course there are many more events and tournaments held all the time (some biannually, others quad-annually), which attract great amounts of attention and millions of people placing bets. With such a huge group of people placing bets, giant purses can form, and the payout for winners can be enormous.
|5/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
|4.9/5||50% Deposit bonus|| Bet now|
|4.8/5||25% Bonus up to $1000|| Bet now|
Soccer Betting Variations
Not only are there huge amounts of games and events to wager on, but many different aspects to bet on as well. Some of these include;
- Line Betting: This is the most common form of betting. It allows you to bet on the outcome of a specific game. Punters can bet on one of three possible outcomes. Team A win, draw, or team B win. The odds are made specific to the game. If there is a heavy favorite, the odds will favor the higher ranked team.
- Spread Betting: This is similar to line betting, but with a handicap set up so there are similar odds for each side. For example, say team A is the heavy favorite against team B, in order for a bet on team A to payout, they must win by 3 or more goals. For a bet on team B to pay out, they must either win, draw, or lose by only 1 goal. If team A wins by 2 in this scenario, the bet is cancelled and the money is neither lost nor gained.
- Over/Under Betting: This is a bet on the total number of goals scored in a game. A bookmaker will set a value and people must wager whether the total number of goals will be over or under that value. If correct, they get the payout.
- Future Betting: This is betting on the overall winner of an event or tournament, such as the examples listed in the previous paragraph. The odds are rather steep, so the potential payout can be huge.
- Prop Betting: Prop bets are basically bets on anything other than what is already listed. They can be almost any aspect of the game. Will a specific play score, will there be a red card, when will the first goal be scored, etc.
As you can see there are many opportunities and choices when it comes to soccer betting. And now you can join in too, all from the comfort of your own home. Choose a sports betting site from our recommendations and enjoy all the action and excitement of soccer betting online.